Sunday, June 23, 2013

Yumi & Fumi Challenge #19: RED, WHITE & BLUE

I hope you're having a great weekend! We had a busy day yesterday celebrating my son's 7th birthday and hanging out with family and friends! We had two water slides for the special occasion and I would say they were a huge hit! I'm telling you Texas summers are no joke and I can see that water activities are a necessity in this awful heat! The party continued way into the wee hours of the night. The great thing is that everyone fell asleep right away.....except me who was up after midnight finishing this card, LOL!!!
 
Today starts a new challenge at Yumi and Fumi Handmade Crafts Blog and the challenge for the next two weeks is:
 
RED, WHITE, and BLUE!!
June 23rd - July 5th
Ends: Noon (pst)
Now don't forget to follow the rules. They are super simple and easy to follow.  Before you decide to link up I highly suggest you click on the challenge info tab located at the top of the Yumi and Fumi page and read the rules. Unfortunately, if your card DOES NOT meet the rules it will be removed from Inlinkz. 
The winner will receive a $15 gift certificate and our Top 3 will receive a 10% discount code to be used in the Yumi & Fumi online store.:)

For my card today I used Summer Chuckles!! He's so AWESOME!!
 
Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Shirt: R22, R24, R27, R29
Shorts: R29, B95

My dps are from Basic Grey Life of the Party 6x6 paper pad. The "USA", Mailbox, and Stars are all stickers from K&Company. The ribbon is from my stash.
 
Now it's your turn! We're looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations over the next two weeks on the Yumi and Fumi Handmade Crafts Blog. Challenge #19-RED, WHITE, and BLUE ends Friday, July 5th at Noon, PST. Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a great Sunday!
 
Hugs,
Rosie :)

4 comments:

Mojca said...

What a cute card Rosie. We have such hot weather too. Hope you had a lovely celebration for your son's birthday. hugs! MOjca

Denice said...

Summer Chuckles is adorable in red, white & blue...love all of the details you used. The mailbox is fantastic!

Sounds lke your son's b/day was a blast...happy 7th to him!
:Dxx

Leanne said...

Please wish Isaiah a very cool and Happy 7th Birthday! I hope all his wishes come true. Two waterslides? Fun!! I bet everyone had a blast!

I have to say this card is totally awesome! It's a wonderful display of patriotic pride that I've ever seen. The details are awesome, everything about it is. This rocks and I have to say a little bit worth the lost sleep. hehe! Great job as always Rosie!!
:D
xx

cebelica said...

Well, it might have taken you a while to get this card done, but it was worth it. It is fabulous! Hugs! xx