Tuesday, July 17, 2012

LLLC CHA Showcase-NEW RELEASE!!

Happy Tuesday everyone!! If you've been following the La-La Land Crafts Facebook page, then you know that today is indeed a very special and HAPPY Tuesday! Today is opening day at CHA (Craft & Hobby Association) in Rosemont, IL. Irina Blount and Sandie Dunne are at CHA showcasing the NEW RELEASE and boy is it AMAZING!!

This is the biggest release we've had at LLLC.....20 images (including the Aussie release) and 10 new DIES!! 17 new images have been added to the Marci and Luka line, plus LLLC introduced a NEW CAROUSEL Collection! They also designed an SVG file (in the store now) so you can make a 3-D (half) carousel for your new images!! It's absolutely gorgeous and tons of FUN to make!!

It's such an exciting time right now for La-La Land Crafts because they are evolving into a stamp and DIE company! The LLLC Dies are high quality thin steel dies, made in the U.S.A. Most of them have intricate details, and some of the new ones now have embossed details on them!!

I know once you scroll through all the fabulous and creative projects on the LLLC Blog from the most amazing DT ever, that you'll agree these new images and dies are fantastic!!

The Aussie stamps were released exclusively in Australia last month, but they are finally available to all our customers NOW! You can view my card using Koala Marci HERE.

Kangaroo Marci, Koala Luka, Koala Marci & Outback Luka

Now for all the NEWBIES!!!

Daisy Faerie Marci, Rose Faerie Marci, Whimsy Mushroom Set & Bookstack Set
Link
Bath Time Marci, Bath Time Luka, Back To School Luka, & Backpack Marci
Tea Time Marci, Tea Time Set, Summer Marci, & Beach Luka
Carousel Horse, Popsicle Marci, Carousel Lion, & Carousel Seahorse

Large Flourish, Heart Tree, Hot Air Balloon, Rolled Rose Large, Rolled Rose (Small/Medium), Heart Fence, Tulip Border, Wings Set, Lotus, & Water Lily
In addition to showcasing these amazing stamps and dies, LLLC is having a GIVE-AWAY!!

The only thing you have to do to be eligible is to leave a comment on the LLLC Blog under the CHA Showcase post....EASY PEASY!!

The give-away consists of:
3 new LLLC stamps (Tea Time Marci, Tea Time Set & Carousel Horse),
2 new LLLC dies
(Hot Air Balloon & Wings Set),
set of 12 Copic Sketch Makers
(new colors) and
1 pad of 6x6 Prima paper
.

Now sit back and enjoy the ride! I know this post is picture heavy, but I couldn't help but do several projects with the new images and dies. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed making them!!

The first project I made was a 8x10 canvas with a carnival theme. I used the new Carousel Horse and decided Heart Balloon Marci would be a perfect fit with the horse. I think the Carousel images are AWESOME! I can't wait to make a larger canvas with all of them!!
Heart Balloon Marci:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Hair, E49, E47, E44
Headband/Shoes: R81, R83, R85
Dress: R81, R83, R85, YG25
Balloon: YG25

Carousel Horse:
Coat: E30, E33, E35
Mane/Tail: E55, E57, Y02
Hooves: N8, N4, N2
Trim/Saddle: R83, V15
Pole: YR24, YR23, YR21

I also decided to use our new Popsicle Marci. Isn't she the cutest thing!!! I just love her hat and sunglasses....so chic!
Popsicle Marci:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, chalk
Hair: E49, E47, E44
Hat/Shirt: R81, R83, R85, YG25
Pants/Shoes: R81, R83, R85
Bag: YR24, YR21, YG25
Popsicle: R29,E55
Here's the full view of the canvas. I just used blue and green dps for the background instead of messing with paint. The cloud dies are from a previous release and are part of the Cloud, Sun, & Island Die Set.

Here's a closer view so you can see some of the new Dies! I used the Heart Fence Die, Heart Tree Die, Hot Air Balloon Die, and Tulip Border Die.

Next up is my card featuring the new Hot Air Balloon Die. I cut blue polka dot dp with the die and glued it on top of red felt.

The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz stamp set. I heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I used white Glossy Accents around the edges of the sentiment. The hot air balloon and yellow dps are from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist "Out of the Blue". I also used the Clouds from the Cloud, Sun & Island Dies behind the hot air balloon.
Link
My next card uses Bath Time Luka. Look at that hair....LOVE it!! Reminds me of my little boy when he takes a bath: lots of toys and bubbles....and he always wants to do a faux hawk, haha!
Bath Time Luka:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11, chalk
Hair: E49, E7, E44
Boat: B02, B05, R27, B18
Loofah: B02, B05, YG25
Towel: R27, B18
Tub: N0, N2, N4, N8

The dps are from Echo Park "Little Boy". The sentiment is part of the Bath Time Luka set. I also used the new Water Lily Die to make my flower in the corner. The clear dew drops and white ribbon are from my stash.

And finally, my last card is with School Boy Luka! He so reminds me of my son, Isaiah!
School Boy Luka:
Skin: E0000, E00, E01, E11, Chalk
Hair: E49, E47, E44
Sweater: YR04, B02
Shirt/Socks: YR04, YR02
Tie/Pants/Shoes: E55, E53
Backpack B02, B05, E55, Black
Skateboard: B02, YR04, R29, N8, N4, N2, Black

I got the alphabet dp from Michaels, but I'm not sure who makes it. The felt sentiment is from Pink Paisley. Did you see those awesome wings?!?! The Wings Die Set is also from the new CHA release.

Well, that's all for me!! Man, was that a lot of work, LOL! Don't forget, if you want to be in the drawing for the awesome prize above, then head over to the LLLC Blog and leave a comment under the CHA Showcase post!! Also, go and snatch up all the newbies in the LLLC Store HERE!!

Have a great week and see you back here soon!
Hugs,
Rosie :)

3 comments:

Venus and Luanne @ Sisters Craft Cafe said...

super gorgeous cards! love them all

cebelica said...

The whole new release is fab. I didn't know Irina could make any cuter Marci images, but when I saw the faerie Marci images I went a bit crazy. lol They are the cutest! But as I said, I love the whole new release, all the stamps and dies. And I love what you did with them. All your cards are A-MA-ZING! Hugs! xx

Kathya said...

I absolutely love ALL your cards! Your design is fabulous, and the way you colored the hair on "Bath Time Luka" is perfection!