Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ladybugs, Ladybugs, Ladybugs!

My friend was recently invited to a little girl's birthday party and wanted something homemade for the gift. The theme....ladybugs!! Thank goodness I had two Tilda stamps with ladybugs! I suggested she order a Name Frame for the birthday girl and she loved the idea so I got to work. I decided she also needed a matching card and gift bag. :)

Here's what I made:

Ladybug Gift Bag: I cut out big red circles and then cut them in half for the ladybug bodies and glued them to a plain black gift bag. Next, I punched out smaller black circles for the dots and heads (circles cuts in half). For a little bling, I added flat sparkles for their eyes.

Ladybug Birthday Card: The layout for my card was inspired by a card I saw on Pam Spark's Blog, Expressions With Heart. She is an AWESOME cardmaker and I love her fabulous creations. Her card can be seen here.

I used Ladybug Tilda and colored her with Copics and chalks (all of the shading). I added stickles to the black dots on her jacket, black tummy area, white lacy areas of the hearts and the lacy trim of her hat. I cut the scalloped circle using my Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circle Large Die.

The ladybug border punch is from Martha Stewart. The red glitter scroll background paper is from Deena's Penny Lane Cardstock paper pack. I'm not sure who made the LOVE dp. The bottom ladybug paper came from TPC Studio 8x8 Bugs and Butterflies Cardstock Pad. I cut out extra ladybugs and popped some of them up on popdots to add additional dimension (you can see it better from the side view below).

Name Frame: For the name frame I created a little scene to go in the corner using Tilda with Ladybug. I used chalk to created the blue sky. The fence with sunflowers is a 3-D sticker. I just placed the sticker on top of my scallop circle (cut with my Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circle Large Die) and then cut off the edges with a craft knife. I colored Tilda with Copics and chalk. Stickles were added to her dress and to the dots on her pockets. I added CTMH Liquid Glass to her boots for some extra shine.

Here's the completed Name Frame: I used a Ladybug Martha Stewart Border Punch around the picture of Kinley.

Inside the white 12x12 Shadow Box Frame:

The gift was a huge hit and Kinley's mom actually placed it on the cake table with the matching card for additional decoration. My friend showed me pictures of the party and I have to say the "Ladybug" party theme was sooooo cute and the cake was adorable! All that cuteness makes me want a baby girl sometimes. Then my son runs me ragged and I think I'm back to my motto of "one and done", LOL!

Happy Scrapping with love!

Rosemary :)

11 comments:

Myrna said...

I love the glitter on her black!!! My niece's daughter has a lady bug Halloween costume so I was going to make her card with this image. I'm going to use your idea of the glitter. I love it! Great job!

Chris said...

Amazing! I can only hope to get finished products that come close to what you've done! Stunningly beautiful!

XO,
Chris

Rene said...

Ok, I thought the first card was the cutest thing I had ever seen, then I scrolled down and saw the layout! Oh how delightful!!

Sandy said...

Great cards Rosemary -- can't help but love that sparkling black vest!
Sandy

Barb Hardeman said...

What a beautiful job you did on the gift set! How completely thoughtful of you to make everything matching the birthday theme and what an awesome job you did on the name frame too! Love all the black sparkle!
Hugs,
Barb

Alicia said...

Wow Rosemary this is one of the cutest gifts sets much better than anything in the stores. Love your blog you have some really creative cards.

KayBeScraps said...

looks so fantastic..
Hugs, Katrin

Anonymous said...

Fabulous gift set, beautiful coloring and love all the little ladybugs....TFS
hugs

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow, you did a beautiful ladybug theme set. Very adorable and the bright colors are so cheerful :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the name frame! Adorable Tilda creation!
Pam Going Postal

Anonymous said...

I love the ladybug Tilda, and what you did with it...

Shame on you for being such an enabler.. ;0)