Monday, May 24, 2010

Maria in Yellow-WCW Challenge at TGF

The Greeting Farm's Club Anya Blog had a Wild Card Wednesday Challenge to create a summer card using as much yellow as possible. I thought this would be a great challenge to participate in with summer temperatures hitting us in Oklahoma in the middle of spring. If it's this HOT now, I can't even image what July and August are going to feel like....UGH!

Now, yellow is not really one of my favorite colors to work with, but I found some great paper in my stash and thought...I can do this! I don't know who made the background DP (yellow with white flowers), but I felt it went really well with this Greeting Farm image named Maria (isn't she the cutest thing!!). She is part of the Roll Call Kit that features 10 different Wild Sprouts on one sheet of rubber. You can purchase the set here at The Greeting Farm for a really great deal!

I decided to try paper-piecing on her dress. The paper came from ATD Welcome Baby Boy pack. I colored her with Copics and added stickles to her dress, shoes and the flowers in her hair. The glitter on her eyelids is from Martha Stewart.

Here's my complete card:

The scallop white and buttercream cardstock is from CTMH. I cut the scallop circles using my Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circle Large Die and embossed them with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots. The pink, glitter paper is from MME Home 6x6 pack. I added small pearls to the pink scallop. The DP behind the ribbon and the sentiment are from ATD Welcome Baby Boy pack. The yellow ribbon is from Michaels. The silk flowers are from the flower bin at Walmart. I snipped the flowers off the stem, took out the plastic stamen and glued pink jewels to the center.

I hope all this yellow brings you some sunshine and makes you smile! Right now I need all the sunshine I can get, especially since my 3-year-old son just broke one of my favorite lamps while I was sitting here typing this post....never a dull moment with a 3-year-old!!

Hugs,
Rosemary

2 comments:

Leanne said...

This is such a beautiful card! Love the yellow and pink combinations and your paper piecing is terrific. Fun and sweet card all rolled into one. ;)

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute image coloring and beautiful creation :o)
Hugs,
Cabio